Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional – such as a physician, surgeon, dentist, pharmacist, psychiatrist, nurse, laboratory technician, or medical assistant – fails to do what a reasonably careful and similarly licensed professional should have done in the same situation. Medical malpractice cases can arise in a variety of situations, such as, when a physician or other healthcare professional:
- Fails to diagnose a condition or disease
- Fails to prescribe or administer the correct type or amount of medication
- Fails to properly monitor or treat a patient
- Fails to gain patient consent for an operation or surgical procedure
- Fails to properly administer anesthesia
- Fails to properly perform an operation
- Causes delivery or birth injuries to an infant or its mother
- Fails to provide appropriate postoperative care and follow-up
- Fails to provide appropriate nursing home care
In our experience, health care providers rarely admit fault if they have committed malpractice. Typically, they fight tooth and nail to minimize your recovery.
We will fight for what is right. Our attorneys have decades of experience understanding and representing individuals and families who have suffered as a result of medical malpractice. We have successfully settled, mediated, and tried numerous medical malpractice cases.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice, we urge you to contact our office so that we can begin investigating and preparing your case for settlement or trial.